Sunday, July 5, 2009

FLORAL CENTERPIECES

Flowers never fail to exude a sweet aura of enchantment, be it arranged beautifully in a bridal bouquet or elegantly perched atop a towering tiered cake.

For most wedding guests, the most memorable botanical displays are usually the ones that artfully bedeck their reception tables.

There are different kinds of centerpieces to suit every budget - towering topiaries that point sky-high, lush bouquets which are full and luxurious, floating blooms that make a simpler statement, inexpensive posies in minimalist vases.

At my own wedding dinner reception, I felt it compelling to invest in gorgeous blooms. But I had a grand total of 48 tables, which meant an extra expenditure of over SGD5k for flowers alone. Solution: Mix and match. 60% of the tables had accented centerpieces which were displayed atop sterling silver four arm illuminated candelabras. The other 40% had more affordable low centerpieces which comprised of heavenly smelling heavy rose blooms, cymbidium orchids and floating candles.

I shall leave you with a fraction of my collection of photos which showcases some very beautiful centerpieces which I myself painstakingly collected all those years leading up to my wedding.
















Via Martha Stewart Weddings






















Via Martha Stewart Weddings























Via Martha Stewart Weddings






















Via Martha Stewart Weddings






















Source Unknown



















Source Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment